Gluten Free Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups of Gluten Free Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 c. milk or milk substitute
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees Celsius)
- Grease muffin tin or use 12 liners/parchment paper
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl combine sugar, oil, milk, egg, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- This recipe can be used with regular all purpose flower if you are not gluten free.
- Walnuts are great, but can be omitted if desired.
- I peel zucchini first to "hide them from my family" 🙂
Travel Home Garden http://travelhomegarden.com/