Olive tempenade is great for any occasion! I use it as an appetizer for guests and always have a homemade batch in the freezer, with a batch of homemade hummus, which is easy to bring out when friends arrive. The tempenade and hummus can be served with pita bred, gluten free bread or baguette. Vegetables also go great with tempenade or hummus.
I have a Food Saver vacuum system system to airlock single servings of the olive tempenade. I love my food saver, because it allows me save small batches of food and bring them out as needed. Of course, you can always freeze larger servings with the vacuum saver.
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/4 cup tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in a food processor - except olive oil. Slowly drizzle olive oil while pulsing to puree olives into a course texture. Refrigerate or freeze.
- If you are wanting to freeze, scoop onto single small mounds of about 1/2-1 cup. Place on cookie sheet and allow to freeze, then you may wrap in foil or wrap as needed. I package them in a food saver and freeze them for when guests come over.