This recipe has held the test of time (I call 12 years the test of time
- 1 pound of carrots in 1 inch chunks - about 6 carrots
- 3 tbl of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbl red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- Garnish - minced fresh parsley and coarsely chopped black olives.
- Steam the carrots, until tender 14-16 minutes, let cool. Once carrots are steamed, process in a food blender until pureed and add remaining ingredients -except parsley and black olives that will be used for garnish.
- Cool for serving, refrigerate up to 3 days.
Usually pita bread would be the traditional bread to use for this dip, but since I am gluten free I usually use gluten free bread. I really like making gluten free pita bread or just taking gluten free bread and put it under the broiler with olive oil, garlic powder, and sea salt. This spread is also excellent as a sandwich spread with the carrot spread, cucumbers, radish, lettuce and fresh sprouts!
Ditch the bread and turn it into a “Bowl” with all the veggies I just mentioned above and toss in some chickpeas for protein and fun.